SAP BusinessObjects Cloud & APOS Data Gateway
Creating a Live Mode Bridge to Enterprise Data with the APOS Data Gateway
Many organizations looking to begin adoption of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud need efficient and cost-effective connectivity with their enterprise data sources.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud natively provides live data connectivity to on premise SAP HANA data.
The APOS Data Gateway provides live data connectivity from SAP BOC to an expanded set of on premise data sources, without ever moving the data outside the firewall. The data is kept safely behind the firewall, with no replication or upload requirements, and no need to re-create or duplicate data models.
The first release for APOS Data Gateway for BOC, now available, provides live data connectivity to:
- Microsoft OLAP data (MSAS)
Coming releases will support live connectivity to on premise:
- SAP BusinessObjects Universes - coming in Q1
- SAP BW (7.3 and up) - coming in Q1
- Direct connection to Relational data sources (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle) - coming in Q2
- Essbase - coming in Q2
Key Benefits of the APOS Data Gateway for BOC
The APOS Data Gateway lets you quickly realize the many benefits of Live Mode:
- You experience your data in real time – no acquisition or ETL processes, no costly synchronization of data and data models
- No need to define and maintain models and security in the Cloud for your on-premise data
- Enterprise data does not travel outside the enterprise firewall
- Leverages your investment in on-premise data appliances
- Shortens SAP BusinessObjects Cloud implementation timelines
- Based on our SAP certified product that provides extended data access to Lumira and Design Studio
Running on a Tomcat web server, the APOS Data Gateway brokers and serves data requests from SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, which are received through the reverse proxy which sits inside the firewall.
Click to enlarge
Learn More About the APOS Data Gateway for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud...
Download the APOS Data Gateway for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Datasheet…